ARTIST REGISTRATIONS OPEN 1 MARCH 2018
We have big plans for Sydney Fringe in 2018. Got a show or event in mind? Now is the time to start thinking and planning as we get ready to open our artist registrations on March 1.
Our artist handbook will be available for download HERE from late February. Everything you need to know about registration, ticketing, marketing and a whole lot of support for getting your event up and running.
In the meantime, start imagining. Get in touch with our Festival Producer to talk through any wild ideas or to have any questions answered.
(02) 9550 6087
What is the Sydney Fringe?
The Sydney Fringe is an open access arts festival, the largest independent arts festival in NSW.
- The Sydney Fringe is an open access festival – meaning that anyone can apply to put on a show in September.
- There is no selection process and the festival is not fully programmed or curated. We try to find a home for all shows that register to be a part of the Festival.
- The Fringe curates a few festival events that feature in addition to all the events that register to be a part of the program.
- The Sydney Fringe does not produce any shows that register through our system. We’re here to provide you with the resources, support and exposure necessary to make your show a success.
When is the Sydney Fringe Festival?
The Sydney Fringe Festival run from 1 - 30 September each year.
How do I register an event?
The Sydney Fringe is an open access event. The process to register and communicate with the festival and the venues happens mostly in a custom built online environment designed specifically by the Sydney Fringe for our artists. We did this to make things as automated and easy as possible for you. Our EVENTOTRON portal makes it much easier to connect with other national and international festivals when you’re thinking about taking your show on the road. Most importantly, it’s easy to use.
The main steps are:
STEP 1: Create an account + create an event
Once you have registered with your email address, you will be sent a password to your email. Use that password to login to EVENTOTRON. Once logged in, click + ADD EVENT.
STEP 2: Enter All Details and Venue Requirements
This is where you tell us about you, your event and what you need in a venue. We’ve kept the questions as simple as possible and you’ll be guided through the process with progress bars in each section.
The Venue Requirements section is where you provide us with all the relevant information so that we can match you to a venue. The Sydney Fringe plays an active role ensuring that works are matched to the right venue. If you already have a venue in mind, there is an opportunity to let us know about it in this Step.
The final question of the Venue Requirements lets you read and sign off on the 2018 presenter terms and conditions.
STEP 3: Pay Participation Fee
Once you’ve provided all your event and venue needs and paid your participation fee your event is officially a part of Sydney Fringe 2017. YOU’RE THEN BLOCKED FROM GOING ANY FURTHER.
At this point in time, we will start working hard to find the right venue for your event. You will be contacted during April by our Artist Services Team to discuss your event. Once your event has been matched to a venue by the end of May, we will open up the next Steps of the online portal where you can enter your session details (dates, times, prices) and upload final imagery for the Festival Guide.
The Sydney Fringe welcomes International Performers. The Registration process is the same as for a local performer, but will required to answer a few more questions relating to financials and taxation
If you are an international performer, you are responsible for ensuring that your have the correct Visa’s to perform in Australia. The Sydney Fringe can only offer very limited support in the area of Visa’s. If you do need Visa support or have concerns around Visa arrangements, please contact our Festival Producer Dino Dimitriadis as early as possible at email@example.com.
Does Sydney Fringe co-produce my event?
The Sydney Fringe does not produce any shows that register through our system. You are We’re here to provide you with the resources, support and exposure necessary to make your show a success. Artists are responsible for all of the presentation, production and marketing costs relating to their events
What support does Sydney Fringe offer?
- An event listing/tile in the Sydney Fringe printed guide (40,000 distributed in 2017 throughout metropolitan Sydney and beyond)
- A unique show page with ticket buying click-through on the Fringe Website sydneyfringe.com
- Ticketing and box office management provided by the Sydney Fringe
- Access to discounted advertising through Fringe Sponsors, where possible
- Free access to all Artist Producer Masterclasses
- The potential to be highlighted in Fringe features and advertising, in media partner publications and online, where possible
- Artist Passes to see other Festival Events
- Eligibility to be considered for a Fringe Award
- Access to touring networks
- Access to ticketing promotions
- Access to producer speed-dating nights
- Opportunity to be included in Sydney Fringe Hubs
- Access to discounted venue hire fees, where possible, via the Sydney Fringe's established venue partner relationships