FESTIVAL PRESENTER DETAILS:
The Sydney Fringe Incorporated (ABN: 16 393 987 277)
5 Eliza Street, Newtown NSW 2042
Phone: 02 9550 6087
‘Event’ refers to both the entire registered Event or individual performances and sessions within the Event.
‘Event Presenter’ refers the person registering the Event, who is responsible and liable for all aspects of production of the Event.
Participation in the Sydney Fringe Festival is subject to the following terms and conditions.
THE SYDNEY FRINGE IS A COVID-SAFE BUSINESS, AND ABISED BY ALL GOVERNMENT HEALTH ORDERS AND COVID SAFETY GUIDELINES IN ALL OF OUR OPERATIONS. WE ARE CLOSELY MONITORING THE SITUATION AS IT CONTINUES TO DEVELOP. HEALTH ORDERS MAY AFFECT THE OPERATIONS OF THE FESTIVAL IN 2021, WE WILL WORK CLOSELY WITH ARTISTS, VENUES AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS TO ENSURE CLEAR COMMUNICATION AND RISK MITIGATION AS NECESSARY.
1. Registration Fees are non-refundable. The Event Presenter agrees that should they withdraw or cancel their Event, the Event Presenter will forfeit any Artist Registration or other fees paid to The Sydney Fringe.
2. Sydney Fringe (utilizing the services of Eventotron as the Event Registration portal) accepts Mastercard and Visa for Artist Registration payments.
3. The Event Presenter agrees to read and comply with the Sydney Fringe Festival Artist Handbook.
4. The Event Presenter agrees they are responsible for all costs in regard to the development, rehearsal, preparation, production, marketing or (in the event of) cancellation of the Event. The Sydney Fringe is not liable for any of the above costs, or any other expenses, liabilities, or losses incurred as a result of the Event.
5. The Event Presenter is responsible for all costs associated with Venue hire and such costs must be negotiated and agreed between the Event Presenter and the Venue. The Sydney Fringe is not liable for Venue hire, production, technical or associated costs.
6. The Sydney Fringe assists Artists and Venues to meet one another so that they can find an artist/venue that suits their requirements. The relationship between an independent venue and an independent artist is directly between each other, and not with the Sydney Fringe. That is, negotiations should take place directly between the Venue and the Artist. It is the responsibility of the Event Presenter (or Venue) to register the Event with the Sydney Fringe, and ensure they have appropriate Agreements in place. Event Presenters must ensure they have a contract with the Venue to confirm details.
7. The Sydney Fringe is not responsible for any agreements entered into with the Venues directly. Please ensure you are aware of the your financial and legal obligations as part of your Venue Hire/Other agreements, and seek legal advice before committing, if required.
8. The Event Presenter is required to undertake Public Liability Insurance for the value of $20,000,000. The Event Presenter is responsible for the cost and implementation of Public Liability Insurance. The Sydney Fringe is not responsible for the provision of Public Liability Insurance cover of any Event. For Presenters performing in Sydney Fringe Managed venues, a copy of your Public Liability insurance must be provided to The Sydney Fringe by the date nominated in the Managed Venue Licence Agreement.
9. The Event Presenter warrants that it holds all necessary agreements and licences to perform and present the Event, including but not limited to copyright and music licencing. Sydney Fringe is not liable for any costs, legal or otherwise, if these licences are not in place.
10. The Event Presenter agrees to acknowledge The Sydney Fringe in all marketing material (including but not limited to press releases and publicity materials) produced for the Event and will include The Sydney Fringe logo strip (available at https://sydneyfringe.com/for-artists-venues/for-artists from May).
11. The Event Presenter agrees to provide complimentary tickets to the Event for the use of The Sydney Fringe staff, sponsors, reviewers and other persons as determined by The Sydney Fringe. The Sydney Fringe acknowledges that any complimentary tickets not collected by The Sydney Fringe nominated personnel 30 minutes prior to the commencement of any performance of the Event may be returned to the door for sale.
12. The Event Presenter agrees to advise the Sydney Fringe (email@example.com) of any time-sensitive ticketing discounts to be processed, within the published timeframe. Any discount requests that are submitted after this timeframe may either be rejected by the Sydney Fringe, or the tickets will be processed and a $30 + GST administration fee will be incurred by the Event Presenter.
13. If the Event Presenter opts to utilize discounts for ticket sales, the final Settlement will be net of the discounted amount. All discount requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
14. The Event Presenter agrees to allow Sydney Fringe registered artists to attend the Event at no charge when the artist presents their Sydney Fringe Artist Pass at the Event if seats are available 30 minutes prior to event start time, in adherance to Artist Pass Terms and Conditions:
o Artist Pass will only be issued once – they cannot be replaced if stolen or lost
o The pass is not transferable and photo ID may be requested
o If you are suspected of sharing your pass it may be revoked for the duration of the Festival. This decision will be at the discretion of the Sydney Fringe Management.
15. The Event Presenter agrees not to use The Sydney Fringe or its logo in the title of any social media pages (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
16. The Sydney Fringe will include a listing for the Event in the Sydney Fringe Festival printed Program Guide and on the Sydney Fringe website, if payment of the Event registration/participation fee is received within the specified timeframe.
17. The Sydney Fringe will provide ticketing services for the Event through The Sydney Fringe website box office. These services are managed by ticketing provider Red 61. The Sydney Fringe may provide an allocation of tickets for sale to Venues or other ticketing providers at its discretion.
18. The Sydney Fringe will charge a booking fee $4.00+ 2% (GST incl) to the purchaser on each ticket sold through the Sydney Fringe box office’, including managed venue door sales, and phone sales. The $4.00 booking fee will be included in the ticket price, and will not show to the customer as a separate fee.
19. For Artists not registered for GST, the Sydney Fringe will deduct an amount equivalent to 10% GST of the total ticket price for each ticket sold for the Event (including online, phone, box office and door sales where applicable) from the Event settlement payment.
20. For events classified as Major Events and/or requiring additional management from the Sydney Fringe, the Sydney Fringe will deduct an inside charge of $2.20 (GST incl) for each ticket sold for the Event, (including online, phone, box office and door sales) from the Event settlement payment.
21. The Sydney Fringe will deduct any other charges incurred on behalf of the Event Presenter, or owing to the Sydney Fringe from the Event settlement.
22. The Event Presenter must provide a valid ABN or a Statement By A Supplier for the Settlement Process to be completed. If either of these are not provided, or deemed invalid, The Sydney Fringe may withhold or deduct tax in accordance with Australian Taxation Legislation.
23. Event Presenters from overseas must be aware of the taxation requirements and laws for performing and earning income in countries where they are not citizens. The Sydney Fringe reserves the right to withhold of deduct tax for overseas performers, in accordance with Australian taxation legislation and international tax agreements.
24. Event Presenters from overseas must have the corrects Visas and/or permits to work/present a production in Australia.
25. Sydney Fringe will charge a fee of $30 (GST incl) to transfer / make payments into a foreign bank account.
26. The Sydney Fringe will charge a fee of $50 (GST incl) if a Production is cancelled. In the Event of a cancellation, the Event Presenter must email both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, providing at least 24 hours notice. (Note: Cancellation fee is payable regardless of timeframe of cancellation).
27. The Sydney Fringe utilizes the services of Red 61 to manage ticket sales. Red 61 commit to settle with the Sydney Fringe within two weeks of each event conclusion. Artist settlement is contingent upon receipt of funds from Red 61.
28. Sydney Fringe is responsible for Settlement of funds sold via Red 61(online and phone sales) and door sales at Managed Venues. The Sydney Fringe is not responsible for Settlement of funds from any other Venues (including Partner or other registered Venues).
29. The Sydney Fringe will provide the Event Presenter with a detailed Event settlement report within four weeks after the final performance of the Event. Provided all paperwork and financial details (including the invoice from the Event Presenter) have been returned, The Sydney Fringe will make payment of the Event settlement thereafter. Failure to produce any outstanding documentation by 30th November will result in the artist forfeiting their ticket revenue. Invoice payments are made by Sydney Fringe periodically, not the day the invoice is received.
The Sydney Fringe reserve the right to issue amended Settlement Statements and to invoice the Event Presenter for any overpayments.
30. If the Event Presenter is performing in a managed venue, the Event Presenter agrees to adhere to the conditions of the Managed Venue Licence Agreement, including payment of venue rental fees, and cancellation fees.
31. The Sydney Fringe reserves the right to crop or resize event images as required to best fit the Festival Guide. Presenters will be provided with the opportunity to proof their event listing before print. Failure to respond to proofs by the agreed time will result in Sydney Fringe making a final approval for print.
32. The Event Presenter agrees to acknowledge that if required, Venue Matching Assistance will not commence until the Event Presenter Terms and Conditions are agreed to and Artist Participation fees are paid in full.
33. The Sydney Fringe reserves the right to cite and verify any working with children checks in respect of any Artist / Event Presenters who engage in child related work, where applicable.
34. The Event Presenter releases the Sydney Fringe from any loss (financial or otherwise), damage or liability suffered as a result of cancellation of their event.
35. The Event Presenter will not reasonably withold consent for the Sydney Fringe, and its Partners, to take photographs, recordings and footage of the performance/event (including all performers) for the Sydney Fringes’, and its Partners’, ongoing purposes, including but not limited to promotional activities (including social media), marketing, archival purposes and annual reports. The Sydney Fringe retains ownership of all material per clause (35).
36. The Event Presenter allows the Sydney Fringe to use any images or materials submitted to the Sydney Fringe for use in the current Festival year, including but not limited to promotional activities (including social media), marketing, archival purposes and annual reports.
37. The Event Presenter will complete artiost surveys as requested, to enable Sydney Fringe to gather data and statistics regarding Festival events.
38. For purposes of data collection, the Event Presenter must provide the Sydney Fringe with a written record of door/other ticket sales, within one week of the final performance.
39. The Sydney Fringe reserves the right to cancel a production if there are no pre-purchased ticket sales.