This year we are thrilled to have our first ever Festival Village! Kensington Street Precinct, Chippendale is one of our favourite places in the city, home to the world-famous Spice Alley and a swag of other award winning eateries, bars and restaurants. We’ll be transforming the strip into our official Festival Village for the month of September.
Check out our highlights below and head to our BUY TICKETS page to search by show, genre tag, venue or date, for all the event details.
THE SANDSTONE COTTAGE
Enter new worlds each night as the cottage is transformed with immersive theatre, installations, cabaret and burlesque nightly.
Visit The Hilarium where you'll find headline international comedy acts alongside some of Sydney's brightest up-and-coming comedians. Curated by Dean Haglund
Head to our BUY TICKETS page to search by show, genre tag, venue or date, for all the event details.
EAT + DRINK
Home to 22 restaurants, crossing culinary terrains of the world's cuisines, Kensington Street is Sydney's most bustling and gastronomically rich Eat Street. Spice Alley's Kopi-Tiam weaves into the streets architectural fabric the flavours of the Asian metropolis with 6 Hawker style eateries. With over 800 dishes and three bars there is simply no other place to experience the Sydney Fringe Festival.
DINNER AND SHOW PACKAGES
Pre-Purchase Your Dining Packages Now and Save Up To 51%!
We know that there is nothing worse than trying to find a place to dine Pre or Post show, only to find that they can't accommodate you. That's why Sydney Fringe Festival have partnered with 3 Kensington Street restaurants to offer 3 very special menus to take the stress out of dining & save you money.
Step 1: Select your tickets to a show at the Sandstone Cottage or the Hilarium
Step 2: Select and purchase your dining package.
Step 3: Book your arrival time and number of guests dining (must be at least 1hr 10 min prior to show time).
Step 4: Arrive at the restaurant at the time of your booking and present the ticket either on your phone or printed out (be sure to inform the staff of your show time).
Step 5: Enjoy your dinner & the show.
Mekong Kensington Street $ 38 (normally valued at $78) - 1 curry, 2 sides & complimentary glass of wine
Stir fried Amok curry with Scallop, Pipi, Barramundi & King Prawn
Braised Beef Rib Curry
Grilled Cabbage, Orange, Soy & truffle oil & Steamed Rice
Plus a complimentary glass of High Altitude Pinot Grigio
Olio Kensington Street $38 (normally valued at $78) - 2 courses & complimentary glass of wine
Caponata e Ricotta, Warm Sicilian Caponata with Artisanal Ricotta Cheese Cream
Calamari, Chargrilled Calamari Salad with Tomato, Fennel, Lemon Vinaigrette
Tonnarelli, Squid Ink Tonnarelli with Cime di Rapa, Mussels and Fresh Cherry Tomatoes (Vegetarian Option Available)
San Pietro, NZ John Dory, Topinambour, Lemon and Caper Sauce
Cappello del Prete, Slow Cooked Wagyu Oyster Blade with Celeriac Puree, Pickled Onion and Jus
Plus complimentary glass of House Wine
Eastside Grill $38 (normally valued at $66) - 2 courses & complimentary glass of wine
Grilled Clarence River Baby Octopus Black Pepper Glaze
Cabbage & Mushroom Salad Toasted Sesame Dressing
Grilled Wagyu Hanger Steak, Crispy Witch's Polenta
Grilled Mirror Dory Fillet a la minute Spicy Kimchee
Plus complimentary glass of High Altitude Pinot Grigio
- If you are dining pre-show, you must book your arrival to be at least 1hr & 10 min prior to your show's start time.
- If dining after the show please note the kitchen closes at 9.30pm sharp.
- Book the restaurant by following the online link in the email you receive with your ticket.
- Please present your printed ticket for your dinner package to the restaurant staff upon arrival, and let them know the time of your show so that your booking can be adequately accommodated.
- You must order from the menu you select below.
- Due to market availability, the restaurant reserves the right to amend the menu without notice.
- Medical allergies can be accommodated, should you mention in the [special requests] section of the booking form at time of purchase. Dietary preferences cannot be accommodated with this pre purchased menu due to time restraints to ensure you make your show on time.