Our official Festival Village returns to Kensington Street, Chippendale for 2018. This year is all about taking over your senses and transforming the village into an absolute feast. Of course there will be amazing food and great drinks as Kensington Street is renowned for, but there will also be some super fun surprises.
We are filling the old sandstone cottage with immersive theatre performances, the Burlesque Museum returns, and loads more.
Most excitingly of all we are planning two massive street events! Check out our highlights below and head to our BUY TICKETS page to search by show, genre tag, venue or date, for all the event details.
EATS | BEATS | STREETS
Saturday 8 SEPT
Head on down to Kensington Street for a massive day of music, performance, food and art. It’s a celebration of all things street, so we're closing off the street to traffic and setting up a pop-up festival bar so you can kick back for the afternoon.
Watch leading Sydney based street artists create three new wall commissions as a crew paint a number of works to auction for charity on the day.
Soak it all up with a live soundtrack created on the spot inspired by the works as they are made, and of course partake in all the tasty treats the Kensington Street eateries have to offer.
THE LAST SUPPER
Sunday 30 SEPT
The last supper.
A final feast.
The meal to end it all.
As the festival closes join us as we prepare to feast in style. Get set for an epic meal that pays tribute to the decadence of taste and the indulgence of expression.
For one night only we are worshipping at the altar of the senses. Let go. Be wild and get set to immerse yourself into a new world, where art and life collide.
Dress on the ‘Wild Side’, unleash your inner bacchanal and feast your eyes, ears and mouth on all we have in store.
LIMITED TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR RESERVED SEATNG
THE SANDSTONE COTTAGE
Enter new worlds as the historic Sandstone Cottage is transformed with immersive theatre, installations, cabaret and burlesque.
Head to our BUY TICKETS page to search by show, genre tag, venue or date, for all the event details.
EAT + DRINK
Home to 22 restaurants, crossing culinary terrains of the world's cuisines, Kensington Street is Sydney's most bustling and gastronomically rich Eat Street. Spice Alley's Kopi-Tiam weaves into the streets architectural fabric the flavours of the Asian metropolis with 6 Hawker style eateries. With over 800 dishes and three bars there is simply no other place to experience the Sydney Fringe Festival.
DINNER AND SHOW PACKAGES
TO BE ANNOUNCED
Pre-Purchase Your Dining Packages Now and Save Up To 51%!
We know that there is nothing worse than trying to find a place to dine Pre or Post show, only to find that they can't accommodate you. That's why Sydney Fringe Festival have partnered with 3 Kensington Street restaurants to offer 3 very special menus to take the stress out of dining & save you money.
Step 1: Select your tickets to a show at the Sandstone Cottage
Step 2: Select and purchase your dining package.
Step 3: Book your arrival time and number of guests dining (must be at least 1hr 10 min prior to show time).
Step 4: Arrive at the restaurant at the time of your booking and present the ticket either on your phone or printed out (be sure to inform the staff of your show time).
Step 5: Enjoy your dinner & the show.
- If you are dining pre-show, you must book your arrival to be at least 1hr & 10 min prior to your show's start time.
- If dining after the show please note the kitchen closes at 9.30pm sharp.
- Book the restaurant by following the online link in the email you receive with your ticket.
- Please present your printed ticket for your dinner package to the restaurant staff upon arrival, and let them know the time of your show so that your booking can be adequately accommodated.
- You must order from the menu you select below.
- Due to market availability, the restaurant reserves the right to amend the menu without notice.
- Medical allergies can be accommodated, should you mention in the [special requests] section of the booking form at time of purchase. Dietary preferences cannot be accommodated with this pre purchased menu due to time restraints to ensure you make your show on time.