SYDNEY FRINGE FESTIVAL
Updated February 2022
TICKETING TERMS OF SALE AND PURCHASING CONDITIONS
TERMS OF SALE. Please read these Terms of Sale prior to purchasing a ticket for any event presented in the Sydney Fringe Festival program, or that is arranged by the Sydney Fringe, or for which the Sydney Fringe sells tickets.
By purchasing a ticket to a Sydney Fringe event, you represent that you have read and understand these Terms of Sale and Purchasing Conditions, and any additional terms and conditions imposed by Red61 (ticketing services agency) and displayed to you during the booking process.
By purchasing a ticket on behalf of someone else, you undertake to inform them of these Terms of Sale and Purchasing Conditions and any other terms and conditions imposed by Red61 (ticketing services agency) and displayed to you during the booking process.
“Event” means a concert, show or other performance during the Sydney Fringe Festival or that is arranged by the Sydney Fringe, or for which the Sydney Fringe sells tickets.
“You” means the person acquiring a ticket or seeking to attend an Event and
“We” means The Sydney Fringe
1) Artist Participation Fees. Artist Participation fees are non-refundable. Participation in the Sydney Fringe Festival is subject to the terms and conditions outlined in The Sydney Fringe Festival Event Presenter Terms and Conditions.
2) Booking Fees. A booking fee of 2% (GST inclusive) of the ticket price will apply to each ticket purchased with a credit card or debit card online, over the phone, in person, or at Sydney Fringe Managed Venue Box Offices.
3) Payment. The Sydney Fringe accepts Mastercard , Visa and Amex for online and over the phone transactions. Sydney Fringe Managed Venue Box Offices accept Mastercard and Visa only. No cash is accepted as payment for tickets at any point of sale.
4) Exchange and refunds. There is no right of refund or exchange on tickets. Before purchasing tickets, carefully review the event date and time details. A change in personal circumstances or if you did not enjoy the Event or venue does not entitle a ticket holder to a refund or exchange on a ticket.
5) Covid-19 refunds. If you feel unwell, please do not attend a Sydney Fringe event. Please send a Doctor’s Certificate or proof of Covid-19 test to email@example.com in advance of your ticketed performance and we will transfer your ticket to a later performance (subject to availability). In the event that a transfer cannot be actioned, a refund will be applied to your ticket only, not the full transaction.
6) Cancellation. In the event that an Event is cancelled, The Sydney Fringe will provide a refund of the ticket price to all ticket holders. The Sydney Fringe will credit your original method of payment. If an Event is cancelled, The Sydney Fringe is under no obligation to arrange a substitute Event. We will not be responsible for any expenses incurred or to be incurred by you, for example travel, car parking, childcare, accommodation or other goods or services, if the Event is cancelled. You should consider whether insurance is appropriate for your circumstances.
7) Lost and Stolen Tickets. The Sydney Fringe reserves the right not to process a refund and offer an exchange for lost or stolen tickets.
8) Seating. Despite any seat number on your ticket, we do not guarantee you any particular seat. If we need to allocate a different seat to you for operational reasons, including a change of venue, we will use reasonable endeavours to ensure it is in a location of comparable value to the seat number on your ticket.
9) Pricing. We make every effort to ensure pricing is correct but we reserve any rights we may have to correct genuine errors.
10) Concessions Holders. If the event has concession prices listed, holders of valid concession cards (Pensioner, senior, student, unemployed) are eligible for concession price tickets. You may be asked to show your valid concession card when purchasing or collecting your tickets.
11) Delivery Method. The Sydney Fringe only issues E-tickets. This requires customers to have an email address. Please ensure that you have checked your spam folder if you have not received tickets to your inbox.
12) E-Tickets. Your E-Ticket ticket is your ticket to the event. Your E-ticket ticket can be printed or presented at the venue on a smart phone or tablet.
13) Ticket Resale Tickets may not, without prior written consent from The Sydney Fringe, be offered as a prize or used for advertising or other promotional use.
14) Venue Conditions of Entry and Latecomer Policy
a. Admittance to the Event will be subject to the policies of the Venue hosting the Event.
b. The performance will begin at the advertised time. Late arrival may result in non-admission to the Event.
c. The Sydney Fringe will not provide a refund for the purchased tickets if you are refused entry to a venue if you are late, or for any other reason.
d. Upon entry to a venue, ticket-holders agree to be photographed for promotional use by the Sydney Fringe. It is also a condition of entry to a performance that no recording or photographic devices are used. This includes mobile phones, which must be switched off prior to the beginning of the performance.
e. Professional cameras, video cameras and other recording devices are not permitted.
f. Entry may be refused if tickets are damaged or defaced in any way or are not purchased from Sydney Fringe or other authorised points of sale.
g. If other conditions apply, they are displayed either in the box office or near the entrance to the venue.
h. Some or all our Venues may use CCTV.
15) Show Content. Unless a performance is categorised as a children or family show, content may not be suitable for all ages. For more information on show content, please review the specific performances details on our website, or in the printed guide.
16) Under 18 Policy. Please note, some venues may have liquor licensing in place that does not allow under 18’s in past a certain time. If unsure you are advised to contact the venue.
17) Program Details. Every effort is made to ensure program details are correct, however program details are subject to change where necessary and without notice. The Sydney Fringe Festival website (www.sydneyfringe.com) will provide the most up to date listing of event information.
18) The right is reserved to add, withdraw or substitute artists, performers or events, vary ticket prices, and/or vary advertised programmes, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
20) Liability. The Sydney Fringe will not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury to the extent arising from your negligent acts or omissions, any pre-existing medical condition, your breach of these terms and conditions, or your reliance on reviews and opinions about Events and performers. You should make your own further inquiries before deciding whether an Event is suitable. You are responsible for your personal possessions such as bags, mobile phones and other items you carry with you. Our liability to you in relation to tickets is limited to the obligations specified in these Terms of Sales and Purchasing Conditions.
21) Modification and Amendment. We have the right, at any time and without notice, to add to or modify the terms of the Term of Sale and Purchasing Conditions, by posting such amended terms on our website. Your access to or use of the website after the date such amended terms are delivered to you shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of such amended terms. No modification made by you shall be binding upon Sydney Fringe unless it is made in writing and signed by the Sydney Fringe.
22) Force Majeure. If the performance of any part of the Terms of Sale and Purchasing Conditions by either party is prevented, hindered, delayed or otherwise made impracticable by reason of any flood, riot, fire, judicial or governmental action, labor disputes, act of God or any other causes beyond the control of either party, that party shall be excused to the extent that it is prevented, hindered, or delayed by such causes.
23) Severability. If a clause or part of a clause can be read in a way that makes it illegal, unenforceable or invalid, but can also be read in a way that makes it legal, enforceable and valid, it must be read in the latter way. If any clause or part of a clause is illegal, unenforceable or invalid, that clause or part is to be treated as removed from these terms, but the rest of the Terms of Sales and Purchasing Conditions is not affected.
24) Governing Law and Forum. The Terms of Sales and Purchasing Conditions are governed by and must be interpreted in accordance with the laws of New South Wales. The parties must unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.
25) Goods and Services Tax. A party must pay GST on a taxable supply made to it under this Agreement, in addition to any consideration (excluding GST) that is payable for that taxable supply. The party making the taxable supply must provide a valid tax invoice to the other party at the time that the other party is required to pay the GST. Terms used in this clause have the meaning given to them in the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999.
26) Photography and Imagery. By purchasing a ticket or attending a Sydney Fringe event, the party acknowledges that the Sydney Fringe, or its Partners, may take photographs, recordings and footage of the event to be used for the Sydney Fringe’s or its Partners ongoing purposes (including but not limited to, promotional (including social media), marketing, archival purposes and annual reports). The Sydney Fringe retains the ownership of all imagery material.
If you have any queries regarding purchasing tickets for Sydney Fringe events, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org